28 No comments
New studies on Business Rules Platforms
Two new studies regarding Business Rules Platforms have been released only recently: one study presents the current situation on the market and the other forecasts two future business rules trends.
Our Visual Rules Suite was part of the reviews. As a result of the briefings, the analysts highlighted different assets of our business rules management platform. For instance our efforts, we have been investing in easier integration with other products as well as better performance and manageability for large-scale implementations. But also the various ways the Visual Rules Suite empowers business experts to do rule-authoring by themselves.
So finally, we were positioned among the five vendors of business rules platforms with the strongest momentum worldwide. "Bosch Software Innovations rocks Europe", it was titled. Of course, this reflects our strong position on our home market.
The future trend study reveals two directions for business rules platforms: Decision management as well as business event processing.
- Decision management is about the combination of data, processes, and rules targeting to completely automate not only execution, but also definition, management and optimization of business decisions.
- Business event processing applications aim to filter all mission critical business events within the data streams of a company to trigger the right actions.
John R. Rymers tweet as a result of our briefing session
We have already published several posts on how Visual Rules contributes to both disciplines. Let me give you just two examples:
- James Taylor and Markus Schärtel talking about dynamic, event-driven applications
- Tom Debevoise on Enriching Business Process with Event Processing
In order to get the whole picture, I would kindly like to invite you to download the study on our company website:
More thoughts in the blogosphere:
- John R. Rymer on the market overview: Forrrester Blog
- John R. Rymer on future trends: Forrester Blog
- James Taylor – Decision Management Evangelist: EDM Blog